compensation: 10-15 $/hr. DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Company: A-America Safety Systems, Inc.
Position: Traffic Control Technician
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Level/Salary Range: Entry level, $10-15/hr. depending on experience
Position Type: 30-40hrs/week with overtime possible
Subject Line: Traffic Control Position
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for Work Zone Safety in the field.
(Our Mission is to provide safe working environments for our customers inside construction zones, as well as safe passage to the traveling public.)
* Delivery, Installation, maintenance, and removal of temporary traffic control devices at job sites.(Signs, cones, barricades, arrow boards, etc.)
* Flagging traffic/managing others during flagging operations.
* General maintenance and repair to work related equipment and vehicle.
* Works with and Reports to the Traffic Control Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* Drivers License with a clean driving history and ability to pass a background check.
* Must have or be able to obtain a FLORIDA INTERMEDIATE MOT Certification after appropriate training.
* Customer Service and communication skills are a must
* Ability to read and comprehend prints/diagrams and apply standardized principles and regulations to real time situations.
* Ability to safely operate a Service Vehicle and lift up to 40 lbs. of equipment.
* Ability to work in all weather conditions.
* Awareness of the occupational hazards associated with roadway work.
* Ability to be a vital part of our TEAM
* Responsibility for performing tasks individually when required.
ADDITIONAL INFO: OPPORTUNITIES FOR PROMOTION
* nights and weekends may be required
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers