compensation: Based on experience employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
Must be a U.S. Citizen
Seeking a full-time Dev Operations Engineer in the Jacksonville area. This position is responsible for assisting the IT department as well as general support of the VP of Enterprise infrastructure. The position is based around the automation of systems administration tasks and the development of new systems engineering methodologies. Candidate will step into a growing IT department that is geared towards streamlining efficiency within its IT systems. This position will report directly to the Director of IT
Qualifications for Dev Operations / System Engineer
BS in Business Information Systems, Computer Science, or minimum of 7 years relative experience.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
• Automate build out of mixed environment (Windows and Linux deployments)
• Deploy / Maintain VDI solutions
• Maintain a solid backup strategy for critical systems (Veeam primarily)
• Research IT technologies for future implementation, light prototyping work.
• Create and maintain hardened server images (NIST Standard).
• Work with auditors to maintain security compliance within the Company.
• Internal PEN testing of server / networking equipment with FOSS tools, interface with outsourced, 3rd party monitoring
• Creation of Powershell tools to interact with outsourced email services and outsourced phone services.
• Light Linux scriptng duties (python/ruby/etc)
• Act as tier 2-3 support as necessary on escalated issues.
• Assist in stewardship of the internal IT knowledgebase (Atlassian Confluence based)
• 7+ Years of relevant systems experience
• Experience working within government compliant environments
• Experience in technology evaluation, prototyping, and eventual roll out of new technologies
• Experience in Powershell or .NET mandatory as we’re mostly a Microsoft Server shop
• Experience with deployment of Windows and Linux machines within Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Experience with VMWare ESX, or Citrix XenCenter
• Experience with storage area networks / Ceph clusters are a plus
• Experience with Puppet, Chef, or Saltstack a plus
• Experience with Linux (Ubuntu primarily)
• Experience with Python or Bash as it relates to small scripting and system automation
Place of Performance – Jacksonville, FL. Possible work at home.
Salary – Competitive salary based on experience plus benefits
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers