compensation: $18.09 per hour plus paid 2 weeks vacation and benefits. employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
This position will provide on-site technical administrative support to the Emergency Management division of the Strategic Weapons Facility, Atlantic, Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay, GA.
Duties will include:
• Assist with all clerical duties associated with emergency events as necessary.
• Coordinate the scheduling of events that impact multiple divisions, departments and organizations.
• Track and account for an inventory of emergency response and disaster preparedness equipment.
• Maintain and monitor training completion for all organizational members as it relates to emergency response
• Assist with the review, analyses, and interpretation of directives and documents from higher authority.
• Assist in the creation and updating of policies, procedures, and directives.
• Develop in-depth training courses utilizing Microsoft Office and other media as required.
• Setup rooms for training events and briefings; ensure IT systems are functional and required materials are
• Issue Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other required equipment to personnel; tracks issued equipment and ensure its return upon check-out.
• Schedule hot washes, after action reviews, and lessons learned meetings with key staff throughout multiple
• Assist in the drop-off and pick-up of equipment at the on-site calibration lab.
• Package and route documents for review and signature manually and utilizing Microsoft SharePoint.
• Assist with the stocking/procurements of emergency management essential gear/equipment.
• Assist in maintaining the Operations Control room (OPCON), ensuring that required documents and
equipment are up to date and operational.
• Maintain cleanliness of all designated work areas including the Cage, Ready Room, OPCON, Decontamination Trailers, Mobile Command Post, and other Emergency Management areas.
• Some college coursework toward the completion of a degree program.
• A working knowledge/understanding of the DON/DoD programs, policies, work methods, instructions or
other established guidelines.
• Must be able to communicate orally and in writing utilizing a high degree of tact and diplomacy, and possess
strong interpersonal skills to effectively discuss Emergency Management matters with government
employees, contractors, and military personnel of all levels.
• Must be able to work independently and professionally after given general guidelines of a task from the
• Must have computer experience in Microsoft Office.
• Must possess and maintain a SECRET security clearance (must have interim clearance prior to start date).
• U.S. citizen; fluency with the English language.
• Must be able to physically lift and carry for short distance 30 pounds; climb ladders, maneuver around large
crates and equipment (obstacles) located in small storage spaces, and to travel to different buildings/areas on
the base, including buildings/areas not wheelchair accessible.
• Must be able to work in an inside and outside environment. Outside work is subject to inclement weather.
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 0700-1600 EST.
Send resume to: Human Resources, Attn: Ken
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers