compensation: Based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Immediate opening for a Paralegal / office administrator for law firm / title company. This is a full time position, competitive salary and benefits package offered.
The position will involve handling traditional paralegal, office administration, and administrative assistant tasks. The paralegal role will support attorneys engaged in the practice of real estate related litigation, mortgage litigation, probate, evictions, commercial real estate transactions, and general business law from a transactional and litigation perspective. Office administration tasks will evolve over time but initial requirements will to handle billing, creating workflow processes and procedures for staff, and general assistance to the managing attorneys of the office. This is a hands-on position that involves working collaboratively with clients and employees of the firm.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle legal matters arising out of real estate related litigation, probate, commercial real estate transactions and general business law on an as needed basis depending on work demands;
- Preparing pleadings and general correspondence as required by attorneys;
- Forming business entities and ancillary items required for same;
- Keeping track of attorneys’ calendars and critical dates for files and transactions;
- Set hearings;
- Handle daily e-filings;
- Ensure staff are checking in and out as required by HR in time clock system;
- Communicating with other divisions of the firm as necessary and required by managing attorney of office;
- General administrative tasks as required by managing attorney of office.
- opening files, entering time into billing system, generating pre bills and invoices.
· 5 years of prior paralegal experience directly related to the practice areas described in this posting.
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook and knowledge and application of legal research tools (Westlaw)
· Experience with time keeping software such as aderant and cosmolex;
· Requires critical thinking skills, superior communication and organizational skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers