Position: Psychosocial Rehabilitation Program Instructor
Position Objective: To provide training, support and supervision to people receiving services in a respectful manner that results in the accomplishment of their personal goals; maintenance of health and safety, as well as fostering independent choices and full participation in the general community.
Position(s) Supervised: None
Responsible To: Psychosocial Rehabilitation Program Manager or designee
Agency Job Requirements:
1. Demonstrate and encourage positive, polite interactions with people receiving services in a way that does not reflect personal opinions, values or negative emotions.
2. Review available information to develop a working knowledge of each person served in regard to type of disabilities; medical, psychiatric and behavioral status; personal goals; as well as training/support methods, then use this information to provide effective, individualized interactions and supervision.
3. Assist people in making choices by educating them about options, discussing pros and cons of possible decisions and respecting choices made, unless it is likely to endanger the person's health, safety and/or is likely to result in law enforcement involvement.
4. Consistently follow directions/training provided for developing, implementing and documenting group sessions; 1:1 training; methods of support and/or behavioral strategies without making changes based on personal preferences or style and participate in training to enhance job skills.
5. Interact with co-workers, supervisory and administrative staff in a courteous manner that encourages a positive and cooperative work environment. Any conversations with Support Coordinators, family members, health care professionals and others are to be done in the same manner, as well as in a way that promotes a positive image of the Agency and the people it serves. Information given to or obtained from any of these individuals is to be conveyed to the Program Manager and/or Executive Director to insure all involved are up-to-date.
6. Complete all documentation assigned in compliance with the written and/or verbal information, training and feedback provided and submit each in according to timeframes set.
7. Immediately report any emergency situations or potential safety hazards to the Program Manager, as well as any information obtained that may affect the health, safety and/or services for a person.
8. Review and comply with all Agency policies, procedures and directives, as well as those issued by the Agency for Healthcare Administration and the Agency for Persons with Disabilities (if applicable).
9. Possess a positive driving record and safe, reliable automobile for routine transportation of people receiving services and for other work functions, sufficient to meet all applicable legal and insurance requirements.
10. Be willing and able to work flexible hours on occasion based on program needs.
11. Perform other duties as directed by Program Manager.
Program Specific Job Requirements for Psychosocial Rehabilitation Program:
1. Observe and have discussions with people on a daily basis to assess the status of symptoms of mental illness and ability to maintain emotional control, communicating any concerns or significant changes to Program Manager.
2. Interactions with participants are to be primarily positive in nature, insuring that each receives more attention for desirable statements, actions and efforts than given to those that are undesirable. When needed, corrections are to made using brief, instructional statements rather than through longer lectures. If a situation arises that puts the safety of participants or property in immediate jeopardy, a more directive tone of voice be utilized.
3. Develop a Group Therapy Plan weekly on a topic that addresses issues related to the treatment goals of people in attendance; submit for supervisory approval; implement Plan daily in a manner that encourages group discussions and acquisition of needed skills and document efforts in compliance with program expectations.
4. Incorporate training strategies that address objectives of individual participants into each planned Group Therapy Session and document the interventions, responses and outcomes of treatment in service notes in compliance with program expectations.
5. Develop and implement 1:1 training sessions to address individual goals/objectives that may not be effectively taught in a group setting and document the interventions, responses and outcomes of treatment in service notes in compliance with program expectations.
6. Provide general supervision to insure positive interactions, engagement in activities and safety to all participants while on the program premises.
7. Participate in 12 hours of training on mental health issues each year as well as other topics assigned by Supervisor, in addition to meeting other requirements to remain certified as a Behavioral Health Technician (when applicable).
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities