compensation: Pay is a flat rate fee per event, based on the range of the event with a minimum of $80.00. Bi-weekly payroll schedule. employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
This position ensures smooth and professional food and beverage service during events and catering with an emphasis on high standards in appearance, hospitality and customer satisfaction. Servers are expected to have basic cooking and ingredient knowledge. Crossover for Bartending is available.
Pay is a flat rate fee per event, based on the range of the event with a minimum of $80.00. Fees are paid out on a regular bi-weekly payroll schedule.
• Ensure excellent customer service at all times.
• Greet and seat guests as applicable, maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs.
• Check table reservations if applicable and maintain reservations log if required.
• Receive and resolve complaints concerning food, beverage, and service reporting all concerns to immediate supervisor and appropriate staff.
• Maintain good communication between serving area and kitchen staff.
• Immediately reports safety, deficiencies, and maintenance concerns, may be required to perform specific job-related duties ensuring customer safety.
• Assist in event and catering loading and unloading, setup and execution anticipating number of guests and customer needs as well as assist with take down and clean up at end of event/service. This will involve walking, standing, sitting, reaching, and kneeling for long periods of time as well as lifting objects of 50lbs or more.
• Review and understand event plan at the beginning of each service to ensure rooms, tables, and carts are set as per the customer request.
• Attend all pre-shift meetings to ensure events flow smoothly.
• Be in communication with the Events and Catering Captain regarding any special needs.
• Assist in ensuring that each event starts service on time as per the event plan.
• Provides feedback on Event Report Sheet at the end of every event.
• Ensure appropriate appearance, cleanliness, and safety of event and dining areas, equipment and fixtures.
• Inspect equipment for damage, checking equipment against inventory list before and after event.
• Must be 21 or over.
• Must be ServSafe Food Handler Certified.
• A minimum of 1-2 years previous experience handling food and beverage service.
• Must have good interpersonal skills, including good oral and written communication, ability to communicate well with people on all levels, and able to receive and fulfill orders.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, and weekends as needed.
• Must have reliable transportation and able to work on-site and off-site events.
Catering and Bartending experience is preferred.
Applicants must complete an online application at www.unfjobs.org in order to be considered for this position. Applicants who do not apply online will not be considered for this position. Once you submit your completed application you will receive a confirmation number. Keep the confirmation number for your records. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Alex Whitney at (904) 620-5284 or at a.whitney-AT-unf.edu.