compensation: to be determined at interview employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Survey Crew Chief
Manzie & Drake Land Surveying - Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
The Survey Crew Chief will plan and evaluate proposed field survey projects, manage the field survey team, prepare for and coordinate all field survey activities on projects he is assigned to on a daily basis, coordinate construction layout between client and office and keep detailed daily logs of time spent on all projects. The Survey Party Chief will lead the company's field survey team in the field.
• Gather field survey data through use of conventional and Global Positioning System (GPS) methods; set-up, adjust and operate all types of surveying equipment, including electronic total station, data collector, and GPS equipment.
• Prepare field notes and drawings of the following types of surveys:
o Lot and Block
o Right-of-Way and Route
o ALTA / NSPS
o Construction Layout
o Establish precise horizontal and vertical control
• Perform complex surveying calculations using data collectors / engineering calculator, laptop computer, personal computer, graphics software, Geographic Information System (GIS).
• Assume responsibility for the company survey equipment and oversee equipment maintenance and inventory.
• Make trigonometric calculations, such as adjusting traverses and calculation of coordinates, control points, quantities, and areas.
• Train other crew members on the latest technology in surveying equipment and finds new and innovative ways of doing surveys.
Knowledge/Skills / Abilities:
• Knowledge of standard procedures, methods, and principles.
• Knowledge of basic cartography and graphic design principles and methods.
• Knowledge of basic site planning and architectural design principles.
• Skill in managing competing interests under strict timelines.
• Skill in working with a diverse group of individuals with varying levels of subject area expertise.
• Ability to write clear and concise reports and correspondence.
• Ability to learn, comprehend, and apply organizational procedures, methods, and policies.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and team members.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Directs and manages crew members to ensure field surveys are conducted efficiently, completely and cost effectively.
• Maintains clear, accurate, legible and complete filed notes of crew measurements and activities.
• Performs duties in accordance with the Standards of Practice for surveys in the State of Florida and incorporated into the daily activities of the position.
• Conducts on-the-job training and performance evaluations for all positions of survey crew.
• Ensures company vehicles are maintained in proper working order.
• Ensures crew safety at all times.
• Maintains solid working relationship on job site with client, contractors, general public and others.
• Drives company vehicles as needed in accordance with all laws and company policies.
Qualifications and Skills
• Minimum three (3) years previous experience as Crew Chief or three (3) years supervisory experience in survey field required.
• Above average math skills required.
• Must be able to read and understand legal descriptions, various deeds, title searches, recorded plats, engineering plans and various other maps that aid in the preparation of field surveys.
• Must have a working knowledge of using electronic total stations and data collectors to conduct field surveys.
• Must have a valid Florida driver's license throughout employment.
• Direct or conduct surveys to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles.
• Search legal records, survey records and land titles to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed.
• Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
• Adjust surveying instruments to maintain their accuracy.
• Train assistants and helpers and direct their work in such activities as performing surveys.
• Determine Latitudes and Longitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas using satellite-based global positions systems (GPS).
• Analyze survey objectives and specifications to prepare survey proposals or to direct others in survey proposal preparation.
• Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations and other geodetic measurements.
• Paid vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• IRA Plan
• Flex Time
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Advancement Opportunities
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers