compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are a newer full-service animal hospital located in the southside of Jacksonville. We are a smaller animal hospital looking to expand our staff. We pride ourselves in a family style practice with getting to know our clients and treat them as part of our family.
We strive to provide compassionate high quality care via our cutting edge technology.
We are looking for a veterinary technician/assistant who has at least 1 year of experience in a veterinary hospital stetting.
Applicant must be able to pass background check and drug test.
This will be a part-time position with option to expand to a full-time position.
• Team-oriented worker is a must!
• Understand that this is a part-time position with the option of going to full-time. Must have the ability to work a flexible work week and work Saturdays. We do not offer boarding at this time but may expand in the future to require some evening shifts on Saturdays or Sunday shifts (morning and evening).
• Ability to stand comfortably for period of time without physical discomfort.
• Able to comfortably lift and restrain animals of at least 50 pounds without assistance.
• Ability to lift and transport equipment of at least 50 pounds without assistance.
• Able to perform “range of motion” tasks such as reaching, stretching, bending, lifting, stooping, crouching comfortably.
• Generalized computer skills – Proficiency in Word and Excel is recommended. Ability to learn to learn our practice software system is a must – Avimark.
• Ability to multitask.
• Ability to communicate clearly (to clients, staff and doctors).
As a veterinary technician, you should be able to or develop the skill set to:
• Assistance in handling, lifting and restraining of animals during examinations in rooms or in our treatment area. Correct restraint is necessary to keep the pets, handler, and veterinarian/technician safe.
• Be able to or learn how to properly collect samples – blood, urine, feces.
• Be able to or able to learn how to properly place an intravenous catheter for surgeries and/or fluid therapy administration.
• Be able to or able to learn how to give medications by mouth or via injection.
• Be able to or able to learn how to perform all in-house laboratory work on in-house machines or prepare for them to be sent out to a reference lab.
• Be able to or learn how to properly run and maintain all laboratory equipment. Equipment includes but is not limited to: Abaxis HM5 analyzer, Abaxis VS2, and Abaxis VS Pro.
• Be able to or learn how to operate radiology equipment, set up radiology for patients, and take good radiographs (X-rays).
• Be willing to help and assist during surgical and dental procedures. Previous knowledge and/or use of ultrasonic scalers is a plus.
• Be able to document medical records through our practice software management system.
• Be able to or learn how to monitor for surgical procedures through use of anesthetic monitoring equipment and verification manually.
• Be willing to help with discharging patients after surgical procedures.
• Be able to perform kennel duties should boarding pets be at the hospital. This may include feeding, giving water to, and administering medications to all boarding pets (cats and dogs).
• Help keep all areas of the hospital clean and orderly. We pride our hospital in being clean. Must properly disinfect areas between patients. Duties in keeping the hospital clean may include: vacuuming, mopping, wiping down treatment or exam tables, dusting, cleaning cages/runs, and bathroom cleaning.
• Be willing to help in reception with checking-in or checking-out clients.
• Be willing to answer the phones and set up appointments.
• Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate with all members of the hospital team and clients.
• Other duties may be involved not included on this list.
Job Title: Veterinary Technician
Job type: Part-time
Wages: Pending experience level
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers