compensation: $15.37 per hour for the contract employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Are you an experienced Pharmacy Technician looking for a new opportunity with a prestigious healthcare company? Do you want the chance to advance your career by joining a rapidly growing company? If you answered "yes" to any of these questions - this is the position for you!
Daily Responsibilities of a Prior-authorization Pharmacy Technician:
• Process member prescriptions or prior authorizations through various computer systems ensuring the accuracy of all data and updating as necessary
• Navigate across multiple computer systems to respond to questions or to provide specific medication details/clinical information
• Receive incoming calls from members or providers; conduct outgoing calls as needed to provide follow-up or consultation such as prior authorization requirements, appeals, etc.
• Apply benefit plan criteria in making decisions (approvals/denials) or recommendations; clarify and explain pharmaceutical benefits and procedures
• Educate members/guardians, providers, pharmacies) on proper medication use, drug interactions, side effect management, etc.
Requirements of a Prior-authorization Pharmacy Technician:
• Clear & active FL Pharm tech license or PTCB
• Some experience providing customer service and working with healthcare professionals required
• An education level of at least a high school diploma or GED
• Proficient Microsoft Word and Excel skills; general PC/computer proficiency with ability to learn new systems quickly and efficiently
• Ability to identify problems including complex issues and determine solutions, both independently or in a team/group setting
• Communication skills including the ability to consult/advise, demonstrate empathy, and provide clear instructions or directions
Hours for this Position:
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday with rotating Saturdays. Candidates are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shifts from 7am-10pm M-F & Saturdays 9am-6pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
Advantages of this Opportunity:
• Competitive salary, $15.37 per hour
• Contract Length: Contract through March 2018- Could extend for strong performers
• Benefits offered, Medical, Dental, and Vision
• Fun and positive work environment
Interested in being Considered?
If you are interested in applying to this position, please click Apply Now for immediate consideration.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers