Family Business Seeking Store Manager (Jacksonville)
compensation:Paid time off, 401 K
job title:Store Manager
QR Code Link to This Post
Carl’s Van Rentals is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our team as our Jacksonville store manager. We are looking for a manager who is dedicated and will provide exceptional customer service. Carl’s Van Rentals is a family owned/operated business. The store manager operates the business as if it’s their own.
Carl’s ideal candidate should have a positive attitude while going the extra mile for our customers. Basic computer skills are required, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment, strong problem-solving skills and the ability to resolve issues quickly and efficiently, ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, exceptional customer service and ensuring customer satisfaction, and maintain a high level of accuracy In work, excellent verbal and written communication skills, previous experience in management or supervisory, with the ability to lead and motivate a team.
Store Manager responsibilities: Maintain and enhance Carl’s Van Rentals by assisting other store team members with their tasks and assure that they are performing their job well. Assisting with the flow of service in the store.
• Have store opened/closed each day at correct times
• Answer phones and take reservations
• Open/close rental agreements in a timely manner
• Wash and maintain vehicles. This includes identifying new damage, smoking, rotating tires, oil change, changing light bulbs, changing wiper blades, getting vehicles fixed – body damage or mechanical, identifying when vehicles need new tires, ensure recalls are done, etc.
• Maintain office – cleanliness of inside and outside of office
• Handling ALL paperwork for after-hours rentals
• Delegate tasks to employees and assist employees with their work if needed
• Assist with training and evaluations of trainees, new employees and yearly reviews
• Interacting with customers with their needs, suggestions and complaints
• Marketing your store. This includes calling potential customers, visiting local businesses, emailing, etc. Reach out to new business (tournaments, websites, travel agencies, etc.), Come up with new ideas and ways to increases revenue, increase axillary sales (increases add-ons per contract), Grow business
• Picking customers up/dropping off at airport or hotel
• Represent Carl’s to the best of your ability
• Collecting money for damage, extra mileage, smoking, excessively dirty
• Inform upper management of any problems of damage with vehicles tires, bumpers, etc.
• Inform upper management of office equipment, supplies, etc.
• Get the claims manager all needed paperwork when damage occurs and long-term rental information
• Contact the HR manager with any HR issues, new hires, uniforms, time off request, etc.
• Making calls on customer service. If someone has a problem with the van, we made an error; they wait too long, etc. Decide what was worth their pain and offer it to the customer
• Check competitor’s rates in your market for at least 8 weeks out. If you notice we are way high or low, inform the rates manager ASAP so rates can get adjusted promptly. This needs to be done on a daily basis
• Pull quote reports, and reach out to each quote. Report should be pulled every three days
• Each morning identify all vans that are supposed to be on the lot, make sure they are, and no new damage or theft has occurred overnight
• Communicate with upper management regarding the sales, employees and other important matters/information
• Make sure stores are always staffed
• Relocate vans from other Carl’s locations if necessary
• Employee Write ups if necessary
• Uphold and enforce all for Carl’s policies and procedures, make suggestions for revisions/updates
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.